Personal Injury


If the other driver was at fault, you may be entitled to compensation for your personal injuries, pain and suffering, automobile damage and other expenses.  These may include such things as lost wages or the nursing costs that may be needed after the accident.  You should make a claim with the other driver’s insurance company.  But, if you are not satisfied with the amount they offer, you should contact an attorney to settle the case or, if necessary, file a lawsuit.  If you plan to sue, do not delay.  There are time limits for filing various types of claims- usually two years after the accident occurs.

Many lawyers take accident cases on a “contingency basis”.  This means that you do not pay the lawyer if you lose the case.  If you win they case, you pay the lawyer a percentage of the money that is awarded to you by the courts.  Most lawyers charge a smaller percentage if the case is settled before they lawyer does all the work necessary to go to trial.  If you and your lawyer agree to a contingent fee, the lawyer should put the agreement in writing and then provide you with a signed copy.  The contract should explain what percentage the lawyer will get if you win and how it might vary.  It should also state who will pay for any court costs.


Licensed to practice law in the State of Georgia

James R. Argo Jr. All Rights Reserved.

Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.

Back Home